Camping with horses can be a fun and exciting adventure, but it also requires a lot of preparation. One essential item for any horse owner is a reliable generator for their horse trailer. A generator can provide power for lights, fans, and other electrical equipment, making camping with horses more comfortable and convenient.
When looking for the best generator for a horse trailer, there are a few critical factors to consider. First, the generator should be portable and easy to transport. It should also be powerful enough to run all the necessary equipment without being too noisy or bulky. The fuel type and runtime are also essential considerations, as well as the overall durability and reliability of the generator.
We spent hours researching and testing various generators to identify the best options for horse trailer owners. In this article, we will discuss the top generators for horse trailers, including their features, pros, and cons, to help you make an informed decision when purchasing a generator for your next camping trip with your horses.
Best Generators for Horse Trailer
We understand the importance of having a reliable power source when traveling with your horse trailer. Whether you need to power your horse trailer’s air conditioning unit or charge your phone, a generator can be a lifesaver.
After conducting thorough research and testing, we have compiled a list of the best generators for horse trailers. These generators are not only reliable but also portable and easy to use. So, without further ado, here are our top picks for the best generators for horse trailers.
We highly recommend the Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator for anyone in need of a reliable and efficient power source for their horse trailer.
- The iGen4500 is extremely fuel efficient, running for up to 18 hours on a 3.4-gallon fuel tank.
- With a TT-30R RV Ready Outlet, two 20A household outlets, and built-in USB ports, this generator is versatile and perfect for recreational activities or as an emergency backup power source.
- The iGen4500 is engineered for maximum fuel efficiency with a variable engine speed to produce only the power you need at any given time, making it perfect for running sensitive electronics like LCD/plasma televisions, laptops, tablets, or mobile devices that require clean, stable power.
- The iGen4500 is a bit heavy, weighing in at 93 pounds, but the extendable suitcase-style handle and wheels make it easy to move around.
- The generator may produce a bit more noise than some other models, but it’s still relatively quiet with a noise output as low as 52 dBA.
- Some users have reported issues with the remote start function, but we found it to be reliable and easy to use.
In our experience, the Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator is a top-of-the-line power solution for any horse trailer. The LED Data Center provides real-time information on fuel level, power output, remaining run time, voltage output, and lifetime hours, making it easy to monitor and maintain. The generator is also backed by a 3-year limited warranty from a nationwide service network and lifetime technical support, giving you peace of mind in your purchase.
The iGen4500 is perfect for running all your essentials, including sensitive electronics, and is RV-ready with a TT-30R outlet. The generator is also extremely fuel efficient, running for up to 18 hours on a single tank of gas, and has built-in USB ports for added convenience. While it may be a bit heavy, the extendable handle and wheels make it easy to move around, and the noise output is relatively low for a generator of its size.
Overall, we highly recommend the Westinghouse iGen4500 Inverter Generator for anyone in need of a reliable and efficient power source for their horse trailer.
If you’re looking for a reliable generator for your horse trailer, the Pulsar 7,250-Watt Super Quiet Dual Fuel Inverter Generator is a great option.
- With both gasoline and propane options, this generator is versatile and can be used in a variety of situations.
- The built-in inverter makes it safe to use with sensitive electronics, so you don’t have to worry about damaging your devices.
- The digital control center displays important information like hours, voltage, load, and frequency, making it easy to keep track of your generator’s performance.
- At 118 pounds, this generator is quite heavy and may be difficult to move around.
- The price point is higher than some other generators on the market, which may not be ideal for those on a tight budget.
- Some users have reported issues with the battery dying quickly, so you may need to keep a backup battery on hand.
Overall, we highly recommend the Pulsar 7,250-Watt Super Quiet Dual Fuel Inverter Generator for anyone in need of a reliable generator for their horse trailer. Its dual-fuel options, built-in inverter, and digital control center make it a great choice for those who need a versatile and easy-to-use generator.
We highly recommend the Powerhorse Inverter Generator for anyone looking for a reliable and efficient generator for their horse trailer.
- The 212cc engine with electric start (battery included) makes it easy to start up the generator quickly and efficiently.
- The overload protection feature ensures that your equipment is protected from any potential damage caused by overloading.
- The generator produces less than 2% total harmonic distortion, making it safe to operate even with sensitive electronics.
- The generator is quite heavy, weighing in at 99 pounds, which may make it difficult to move around.
- Some users have reported that the fuel consumption is higher than expected, which may be a consideration for those looking to use the generator for extended periods of time.
- The generator may be a bit noisy during operation, which may be a consideration for those looking for a quieter option.
We found the Powerhorse Inverter Generator to be a reliable and efficient option for powering our horse trailer. The 100% copper-wound heads prevent overheating, ensuring a longer life for the generator. Additionally, the Engine Smart Control (ESC) variable throttle delivers fuel savings and quiet, dependable operation.
Overall, if you’re in need of a powerful and reliable generator for your horse trailer, the Powerhorse Inverter Generator is definitely worth considering.
If you’re looking for a reliable and quiet generator for your horse trailer, the WEN 56380i is a great option.
- The generator produces clean energy free of voltage spikes and drops without making all of the noise of a regular generator.
- The fuel shutoff maximizes the generator’s lifespan by using up the remaining fuel in the carburetor before shutting down.
- The lightweight design along with the built-in wheels and folding handle makes for easy portability.
- The price is a bit higher than some other generators on the market.
- The generator is not as powerful as some other models.
- The generator may not be suitable for larger trailers or RVs.
We recently had the opportunity to test out the WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator, and we were impressed with its performance.
The generator is extremely quiet, making it perfect for use in campgrounds or other areas where noise is a concern. Despite its quiet operation, the generator produces enough power to run all of the appliances in our horse trailer, including the air conditioner.
One of the standout features of the WEN 56380i is the fuel shutoff. This feature turns off the flow of fuel, allowing the generator to use up the remaining fuel from the carburetor before automatically shutting down.
This helps fight the build-up and blockages caused by stagnant fuel inside of the carburetor, minimizing maintenance while prolonging the unit’s lifespan.
The lightweight design of the WEN 56380i, along with the built-in wheels and folding handle, makes it easy to move around and transport. We were able to easily load it into the back of our truck and take it with us on our camping trip.
We would highly recommend the WEN 56380i Super Quiet 3800-Watt RV-Ready Portable Inverter Generator to anyone in need of a reliable and quiet generator for their horse trailer.
If you’re looking for a generator that can power your horse trailer, the BILT HARD Quiet Inverter Generator is a great option. We’ve had the chance to use it and here’s what we can tell you:
- The pure sine wave inverter provides clean and stable power, making it ideal for sensitive electronics.
- The generator is fuel efficient and can run for up to 12 hours with a 3.17-gallon fuel tank.
- The double-insulated acoustic enclosure and low-tone mufflers make it one of the quietest generators on the market.
- The generator is quite heavy, weighing in at 107.6 pounds, which can make it difficult to move around.
- The 2.2-gallon fuel tank is on the smaller side, which means you’ll need to refuel more frequently.
- The 90-day warranty is shorter than some other generators on the market.
Overall, we think the BILT HARD Quiet Inverter Generator is a great choice for anyone in need of a reliable generator for their horse trailer. It’s fuel efficient, quiet, and provides clean power. Plus, with both electric and recoil start options, it’s easy to use.
When it comes to buying the best generator for your horse trailer, there are several factors to consider. We want to make sure you get the right product that meets your needs, so here are some key features to look for:
The first thing to consider is the power output of the generator. You need to make sure that the generator can provide enough power to run all of the appliances in your horse trailer. This includes things like lights, fans, air conditioning, and other electrical devices. To determine the power output you need, make a list of all the appliances you plan to use and add up their wattage requirements.
Another important factor to consider is the fuel type. Generators can run on gasoline, diesel, propane, or natural gas. Gasoline is the most common fuel type, but it may not be the best choice for longer trips. Diesel generators are more efficient and have a longer lifespan, but they are also more expensive. Propane and natural gas generators are clean-burning and efficient, but they require a separate fuel source.
Generators can be noisy, which can be a problem if you’re camping in a crowded area or if you have neighbors nearby. Look for generators that have a low noise level, measured in decibels (dB). A generator with a noise level of 60 dB or lower is considered quiet.
If you plan to move your generator around frequently, look for one that is lightweight and portable. Some generators come with wheels and handles, which makes them easy to move around. Others are designed to be compact and lightweight, which makes them ideal for camping trips.
Finally, consider the run time of the generator. This is the amount of time the generator can run on a single tank of fuel. Look for generators that have a long run time, so you don’t have to refill the tank frequently. Some generators also have an eco-mode, which reduces fuel consumption and extends the run time.
In summary, when choosing the best generator for your horse trailer, consider the power output, fuel type, noise level, portability, and run time. By keeping these factors in mind, you can find a generator that meets your needs and provides reliable power for your horse trailer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size generator do you need for living quarter horse trailer?
The size of the generator you need for a living quarter-horse trailer depends on the number of appliances you want to run simultaneously. We recommend a generator with a minimum of 3,000 watts for a living quarter-horse trailer. However, if you plan to run multiple appliances, such as an air conditioner, refrigerator, and microwave, you may need a generator with a higher wattage.
How big of a generator do I need for my travel trailer?
The size of the generator you need for your travel trailer depends on the size of your trailer and the number of appliances you want to run simultaneously. We recommend a generator with a minimum of 2,000 watts for a small travel trailer. However, if you have a larger trailer or plan to run multiple appliances, you may need a generator with a higher wattage.
What size generator do I need for a 30-amp RV?
A 30-amp RV requires a generator with a minimum of 3,000 watts. However, if you plan to run multiple appliances, such as an air conditioner, refrigerator, and microwave, you may need a generator with a higher wattage.
What kind of generator do I need for my camper?
The type of generator you need for your camper depends on your power needs and the type of camper you have. In general, we recommend an inverter generator for its quiet operation and fuel efficiency. However, if you have a larger camper or plan to run multiple appliances, you may need a conventional generator with a higher wattage.
Best awning for horse trailer?
The best awning for a horse trailer depends on your specific needs and preferences. We recommend looking for an awning that is easy to install, durable and provides ample shade and protection from the elements.
Horse Trailers for sale in Missouri?
If you are looking for horse trailers for sale in Missouri, we recommend checking with local dealerships and online marketplaces such as Horse Trailer World and Equine.com. Be sure to do your research and compare prices and features before making a purchase.