You need to carry out adequate research when searching for the Best interface for Garageband.
You should take some time to read reviews also as this can help you to make the right choice. If you do not want to get it wrong at any time, then you should consider any of the ones we have listed below.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools
Some even consider this device as the best in the world as far as the audio interface is concerned. It ruled the world of audio interface for a very long time until the 3rd generation interface was introduced.
It has got so many unique features, some of which are:
- Two Scarlett mic preamps
- Four analog outputs
- Flexible design
- And so on
The device is also portable and you can take it along with you everywhere you go. It can be connected via a USB port and it is very easy to use. What is more, it is compatible with virtually all the major devices, like MAC, PC, and DAWs. So, it will always give you good value for money.
- Its volume control is amazing
- It looks sturdy, tough, and compact; you can even take it on a hiking adventure
- You can power it by a USB cable and this removes the need to carry a power cable everywhere along with you.
- It does not work with PC AMD processor
- It can sometimes make a distractive cracking sound.
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 USB Audio interface
This interface may be expensive, but it will give you good value for money. It is built to support two additional line inputs.
So, its quality delivery is even better than many other audio interfaces out there today. It enables you to connect items like computers, speakers, and keyboards permanently and you will not need to remove one from the other again.
Be that as it may, you can opt for the cheaper model if you are on a budget.
Even the cheaper model of the audio interface can handle different types of devices, like headphones and speakers. Its design and operation are straightforward.
The control set up is also very easy. It is one device that you will never regret buying.
- You can easily adjust the sound level using the level control knob
- The interface is straightforward and intuitive
- It comes with special software that works great
- It equally comes with XLN addictive keys that easily connect with the keyboard
- It usually conflicts with Windows drivers
Focusrite Scarlett18i8 2nd Gen
This interface is rugged in its design, which is one of the many features that make it stand out from the rest.
Its performance is also outstanding and it will undoubtedly give you good value for money. What is more, it is very easy to install. The front channels are also configurable.
You can easily add up to 8 audio input channels to it also and this will help to boost its performance beyond imagination.
The tech support provided to the customer is incomparable in quality; the interface can equally produce one of the best sound qualities and will, therefore, add a great touch of improvement to your sound.
It is one of the best audio interfaces for those looking for something to use in their home studio.
- It is rugged in its build and this makes it to stand out
- There is no question about its performance also and it is built to give good value for money
- Its design looks solid and it can last for a very long time.
- It is a reliable product that can withstand rough use.
- Each unit also comes with an integrated DAW interface for both Logic X and Macs.
- It tends to have latency issues.
Behringer U-Phoria Audiophile
This is on another audio interface that is worthy of note. Its beautiful design also makes it stand out and it will serve you as desired for sure.
It can deliver top quality without making too much noise. In fact, it is considered as one of the quietest of all audio interfaces out there today.
This is one of the many features that make it desirable to end-users.
Its sound quality is outstanding and it will undoubtedly give you good value for money.
If you are living on a tight budget, you will find this audio interface to be one of the best for you. Despite being affordable, its quality is never in question.
Each unit of the product also comes with a long-term warranty and this is one of the many features that make it your best helpmate as far as sound production is concerned.
- It is lightweight and this makes it easy to move around
- Each unit also comes with up to a 3-year warranty, which is a sign that it will last for long.
- It is manufactured in the United States and it is in agreement with the standard obtainable in that country.
- Its operation is somewhat complicated
Audient 2 Audio Interface iD4
The sound quality produced by this interface is exceptional. It looks simple, but its quality is not in doubt.
It is also one of the most portables of all interfaces and this makes it worthy of note when looking for the Best interface for Garageband.
It is compatible with different operating systems, like macOS and Windows. It is also compatible with iOS.
Its metal enclosure helps to protect its components and it comes with so many special components and features, like stereo outs, twin headphones, single microphone preamp, and DI.
Despite all its special features, it can conveniently fit in your palm. The rotary encoder in it is large and this helps to monitor the volume and delivers software control.
- It features a monitor controller for a better end-user experience
- It enables you to create music anywhere and anytime
- It is small in size and you can carry it about easily
- It is not as durable as many other audio interfaces for Garageband.
Focusrite Clarett 8Pre USB 18-in/20-Out
This is the newest model from the Focusrite series of products. It can generate top-quality sound and those who do not have thunderbolt connectivity will find it to be useful.
It is possible to connect and also play two different instruments at the same time thanks to the two inputs that it has.
It can, therefore, give you access to two instruments at the same time. In fact, your entire band can be hooked to it at the same time.
The Air effect in the Eight Clarett mic preamps makes it special. It is designed in such a way to help elevate the quality of your voice during sound recording.
Additionally, it comes with the addictive keys software that further makes the device addictive.
- It has a unique sonic performance
- It also comes with eight Clarett mic preamps that feature Air effect
- Monitoring and metering are easily accessible.
- It can be noisy
MeloAudio TS Mini Audio Interface
This interface is one of the most recent in the market. Be that as it may, it is one of the best money can buy. What is more, it can compete favorably with many of the older brands of audio interfaces. In terms of cost, it is also among the most affordable audio interfaces. Its performance is also not discouraging at all.
Each unit offers 48 volts of power this makes it one of the best choices of audio interfaces for musicians that require high operating power.
You can plug in a condenser microphone without hassle. The interface features XLR and MIDI inputs. This makes it a good choice for those looking for the best interface for Garageband.
It is versatile and compact. It will deliver your audio-mixing needs perfectly too.
- It offers 24bit/192 kHz sound quality
- It comes with both MIDI and XLR inputs
- It also features USB port output for easy connection of external devices
- Each unit has an inbuilt preamp and 48volts phantom power
- It lacks L&R output
Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD Audiophile 2×2 USB Audio Interface
If you are looking for a highly affordable audio interface, there is no better one to go for than this one. It is highly affordable, but will still deliver top quality sound despite its affordability.
It has an astonishing clarity of sound production. It is just able to replicate virtually anything you throw at it, making it one of the best money can buy for those looking for an affordable audio interface.
If there is a loop issue in your recording venue and this leads to a background hum in the recording, you can trust this device to prevent such background noise from affecting the quality of the recording. At the end of the day, no single noise will occur in the background.
- The audio output is full and rich
- Its noise-canceling ability is topnotch
- Each unit comes with a 3-yer warranty, which indicates that it will last for long
- It is among the most affordable of all audio interface around today
- The model is old and its inputs are limited
IK Multimedia iRig PRO DUO 2 channel professional audio interface
The portability of this device makes it to stand out. It is compatible with so many external devices and this makes it a great choice for those looking for the best interface for Garageband.
It equally comes with so many features, like a dual-channel audio interface. Some other features of note are XLR/Hi Z input, direct monitoring, signal metering, MIDI, phantom power, and so on.
It has got abundant features to enable it to work with so many devices. Its robust design makes it one of the best interfaces for the money.
It is cordless and this makes it easy to move around. It works on batteries, but you will need to charge it fully before it can work very well.
- Its audio production is professional in every wit. It also features true mobility
- It is a lot more robust than the iRig model from IK multimedia.
- You can go for either the corded or cordless model
- Each unit comes with USB and lightning cables.
- The batteries in the cordless model do not last for as long as expected.
Native Instrument Komplete 2
This is yet another very important option when searching for a reliable interface for Garageband. The aesthetic appearance of this interface makes it special.
It is stylish and you will surely fall in love with it at first sight. It features the Komplete Start software that adds a great deal to its performance.
It equally features 15 synth sample instruments that are capable of producing several effects. The device is portable and highly viable.
Its versatility makes it one of the best interfaces money can buy. Everything you need for producing a video is available on this device.
Both professional music producers and novices can use it conveniently.
- It is lightweight
- It is also portable and you can carry it around everywhere you go
- Its design makes it look attractive to all
- It features an input/host mix that makes it possible for you to hear the playback of your recording even while the recording is going on.
- The output level can be adjusted easily thanks to its rather big volume knob
- You can only monitor the headphones directly
You can go for any of the audio interfaces we have discussed above when looking for the Best audio interface for Garageband.
There is a 100% assurance that they will all give you good value for money. Be that as it may, make sure you pay attention to the pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision when you are purchasing any of them.
You will always get good value for money when you buy any of the audio interfaces we have reviewed above.